Palmistry is the art of practice of studying of the hands,usually with the intent focused on one (or more) of these four aspects of life:
1 – health consultation, 2 – character interpretation, 3 – life purpose orientation, 4 –
Examples of ‘non-predictive’ hand reading systems (not related to divination / future telling) are as follows .
Elemental Cheirology, Life Purpose Hand Analysis & Psycho Diagnostic Cheirology. All clearly driven by the Intuitive Mind. This is what i believe in and specialize in ! I shall explain “Intuition” and “Psychic powers” in much greater detail in my later Blogs !
Therefore the first 3 intents are only covered under Cheirology ( and by me ) ! Examples of ‘predictive palmistry’ ( related to divination & fortune telling ) are NOT covered by me ! These are parts of Classic Indian palmistry (which is in India an aspect of Jyotish), and Urdu palmistry , which i am not entirely convinced of due to various reasons which i shall discuss later.
Due to the superstitious image of palmistry people often associate hand readers with future predictions & paranormal phenomena; however, Western hand reading systems ( mainly Cheiro ) has a completely different purpose.The word 'cheirology' is a relatively unknown synonym for the word 'palmistry'; usuallly the word 'cheirology' is associated with how the hand characteristics of an individual relate to human psychology (including: personality, character & behavior) - source: Element Cheirology. The practice of 'cheirology' (or: chirology) includes 2 aspects: (1) 'cheiromancy' (chiromancy), the study of the hand lines; and (2) 'cheirognomy' (chirognomy), the study of the hand shape - source: Palmistry International.This is what Cheiro (have a separate blog on this incredible genius ) clearly understood, and explained over his life span and what i believed in and carried with me over the years as my Cheiro drive in this part of the world ( Asia Pacific ). I shall elaborate upon this in my future Blogs. However , Cheiro however did maintain that a good medium ( & a great Hand reader / Palmist ) is a person with good psychic abilities who can read and interpret with far greater detail and concern breaking free from the conditioned mind . This is equally important. Breaking free from the conditioned past. Please do check if any of your psychic abilities match the following...very often you are unaware of your brilliant attributes which is subtly guiding you through this life !List of psychic abilities This is a list of psychic abilities that have been attributed to real-world people. Many of these are also known as extrasensory perception or sixth sense. There is no evidence that psychic abilities exist, and they are not recognized by the scientific community. Superhuman abilities from fiction are not included.
- Apportation – Materialization, disappearance or teleportation of an object.
- Aura reading – Perception of energy fields surrounding people, places and things.
- Automatic writing – Writing produced without conscious thought.
- Astral projection or mental projection – An out-of-body experience in which an “astral body” becomes separate from the physical body.
- Bilocation or multilocation – Being in multiple places at the same time.
- Clairvoyance or second sight – Perception outside the known human senses.
- Death-warning – A vision of a living person prior to his or her death.
- Divination – Gaining insight into a situation, most commonly through a ritual.
- Dowsing – Ability to locate objects, sometimes using a tool called a dowsing rod.
- Energy medicine – Healing by channeling a form of energy.
- Faith healing – Diagnosing and/or curing diseases using religious devotion.
- Levitation – Bodily levitation and flying.
- Mediumship or channeling – Communicating with spirits.
- Precognition, premonition and precognitive dreams – Perception of events before they happen.
- Psychic surgery – Removal of diseased body tissue via an incision that heals immediately afterwards.
- Psychokinesis or telekinesis – The ability to manipulate matter by the power of thought.
- Psychometry or psychoscopy – Obtaining information about a person or object, usually by touching or concentrating on the object or a related object.
- Pyrokinesis – Manipulation of fire.
- Remote viewing – Gathering of information at a distance.
- Retrocognition or post-cognition – Perception of past events.
- Scrying – Use of an item to view events at a distance and/or in the future.
- Telepathy – Transfer of thoughts or emotions in either direction.
It is an infinite advantage to have any of the above defined “Psychic ability” to assist you in hand reading (both Cheirognomy & Cheiromancy) , apart from a very clear intuitive attentive mind in feeling the “pulse” of the individual and having the power to express the same lucidly and in great detail ( & often over a period of time ) .